DO YOU RUN DOG TRAINING CLASSES?
Become a BRONZE TRACKING UK Sniffer Dogs Instructor!
Become part of the next set of UK Sniffer Dogs Instructors......
Successfully teach UK Sniffer Dogs Workshops, Classes and hold Trials at your pet dog training school!
2 DAY COURSE
This 2-day course will teach you the skills, give you the confidence and most importantly QUALIFY you to hold your own UK Sniffer Dogs TRACKING workshops, classes and trials.
- The science of scent
- Track laying
- Step by Step instructions on how to run 6 week classes, series 1& 2 workshops and trials
70% of the course will be practical work so you will gain plenty of hands-on experience.
What you will receive:
What to Expect on the Day
- Detailed class plans to enable you to run a 6 week course and workshops.
- Trial templates so that when your clients are ready you can hold your own competitions!
- A printed booklet with all the information covered in the course and a delegate bag
- Tea, Coffee and Cakes!
- 2 days of fun and learning with your dog!
- Please arrive with your dog at 08:30 for a 09:00 start!
- Course will finish at 17:00
- Dogs will have to spend about an hour in the car or crate (around 10-11:30), they will be worked intensely from then on.
- Your dog does not need to have any previous scent work experience. However it’s fine if your dog does have experience - our methods will not interfere with what they already know.
- Please feed your dog out of a RED KONG (must be red) at least once a day for at least one week before attending the course, all will be revealed when you arrive!
- Please note, our instructor courses are aimed at you the instructor not your dog or your dog’s performance on the day. The emphasis is on giving you the skills and knowledge to confidently deliver UK Sniffer Dogs classes, workshops and trials.
Our courses are designed for dog trainers looking to expand their knowledge and/or to introduce scent work to their clients. Attendees should have qualifications with the APDT, IMDT, SCS, VSA, PPG, PPN, ICAN, ISCP or scent qualifications such as WSDA Instructor, Scentwork UK, UKCSD or any other form of Positive Reinforcement Dog Training Association.
We are aware there are many amazing, knowledgeable dog trainers within this industry without any formal qualifications. We would hate to miss the opportunity of having awesome trainers onboard with our programmes because of this.
If you do not have any formal qualifications from the list above and would still like to participate in our courses we would like to invite you to make an application. Please request an application form here.
Upon successful completion of this course, as well as receiving CPD certification and becoming a qualified UK Sniffer Dogs Bronze instructor, you will also be invited to become a UK Sniffer Dogs member. Our membership provides our instructors with further training support and business development. Details of the membership will be provided on your course.
Absolutely fantastic course!
I've just completed my two day Bronze Tracking Instructor course with my springer - Murphy and we both had an amazing time!
Jamie is a great instructor - very knowledgeable and clear with all information and instruction given. Lots of opportunity for practical elements and to ask questions as you go along
I've already booked onto the Silver course in May 2022 and can't wait to share tracking with clients!Tash
Absolutely fantastic course!!
Another well written and put together instructor course with a perfect practical/ theory mix. I'm looking forward to offering tracking classes and workshops to my clients.